The Toastmaster’s Promise
Being a Toastmaster means more than simply making a commitment to self-development.
Everyone who joins a Toastmasters Club is making a commitment to the Club, to its members, and to the organization as a whole. In turn, the Club commits to helping you get the best out of your membership.
Words of the Promise
As a member of Toastmasters International and your Club, I promise:
- To attend club meetings regularly
- To prepare all of my projects to the best of my ability, basing them on the Toastmasters education program
- To prepare for and fulfill meeting assignments
- To provide fellow members with helpful, constructive evaluations
- To help the club maintain the positive, friendly environment necessary for all members to learn and grow
- To serve my club as an officer when called upon to do so
- To treat my fellow club members and our guests with respect and courtesy
- To bring guests to club meetings so they can see the benefits Toastmasters membership offers
- To adhere to the guidelines and rules for all Toastmasters education and recognition programs
- To act within Toastmasters’ core values of integrity, respect, service and excellence during the conduct of all Toastmasters activities
Make sure you read the Promise before you sign a membership application form.
Your club may also highlight the Promise when you are formally welcomed to the club and receive your New Member Pack.